Thursday, January 5, 2012

Jan 5th, 2012 - Opening Day...

Life has a funny way of changing on you suddenly, and flipping you 180. 
I decided really needed to get a hobby to help take a bit of the sting out of this life change. And in deciding that, I thought that I should make a point to learn something new – maybe as the saying goes ‘Learn Something New Every Day’.  And while I may not post every day, I at least wanted to be able to keep track of share all the ‘New’ things I am learning….so alas I was led here and am starting this blog.

Well for today I learned, you guessed it, how to start a blog.  It’s a fairly simple process I found out and all I had to do was google ‘how to start a blog’ and all sorts of options popped up.  I choose blogger.com because I had seen it before and it was the first one that stood out to me.
So I signed up and picked a name.
I wanted to pick something that meant something to me and took a bit to figure out what I wanted to get across.  My first few choices were already taken, so I had to get more creative.  I really liked the idea of ‘Wading Through Life’ but that’s pretty generic and of course was taken already.  I don’t read many blogs but one that I do enjoy is called HoneyRockDawn.  The author at some point explains how she came up with this name and this helped me in picking out my name. LightBlueLove.
Light –Because I want my life to be light and happy; Blue –For the way the blue flame burns; and Love – It’s what I am searching for daily…new ideas to love, old ideas to love, remembering to look around once in a while and really feel the love that surrounds me, remembering to give love back….learning, gaining, living, enjoying…I can tie all of it to Love.
Next I picked a format/background for this blog, and viola we are brought up to this point as I sit here typing away.

 I am not sure exactly what this blog with say or tell, but it will most likely be my ramblings, my thoughts, a little of my complaints (though I hope not too many), the life lessons learned – new and old, and whatever else I feel like sharing I suppose.




No comments:

Post a Comment